Tort Claim Filing

Washington state law requires that you notify the Tacoma Housing Authority of a claim prior to filing a lawsuit against it. THA has 60 days after a claim has been submitted to accept or reject the claim. If THA takes no action, the claim is deemed rejected.

To direct a claim to THA, complete the Tort Claim Form and mail it to:

Office of the Executive Director
Housing Authority of the City of Tacoma
Attn: Tort Claims
902 South L Street
Tacoma WA 98405

THA will not accept claim forms submitted to any other location. Provide as much information as possible with the form, including copies of all repair bills or estimates, medical bills, photographs, and any other supporting documents. Please know that the investigative process may take some time.