Tacoma Housing Authority Waitlist Now Open
Households with three or more people can apply at tacomahousing.net/waitlist between October 7-18, 2019.
We will accept applications from:
8 am Monday, October 7 to 5 pm Friday, October 18, 2019
The Tacoma Housing Authority invites all eligible households with three or more people to apply for our affordable housing programs. We offer two main kinds of housing help through this waitlist: affordable apartments to rent, or a voucher to help pay the rent in Tacoma.
Three ways to apply:
- Online - Apply at TacomaHousing.net/waitlist. This is the best and fastest way to apply.
- Phone - Call (253) 448-2738, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- In-Person - Visit either of these offices Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Hilltop – 902 South L Street, Tacoma, WA
Salishan- 1724 East 44th Street, Tacoma, WA
What you need to apply:
- Full name and basic information for all family members
- An active email address
- Your Households yearly income
- Social security numbers for adults (18 or older) who have a number
We expect to get thousands of applications. A lottery will select about 1,200 households for our waitlist. This is about the number we can serve in two years. We will put them on the waitlist in random order. Starting November 4, 2019, we will contact applications and tell them if they were selected or not for the waitlist.
Applicants who do not get on the list may try again the next time we accept applications. We will likely accept applications again in about two years. Visit tacomahousing.net/notifyme and sign up to get an email when the waitlist reopens.
Learn more at TacomaHousing.net/2019waitlist