We have closed all lobbies and common areas in our properties and offices (3/14/2020)
We have canceled all events and non-essential meetings at our properties (3/12/2020)
For up-to-date information on how we're responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic, visit our Continuity of Operations plan.
Client Letter (March 25, 2020)
Dear Voucher Participant:
I hope you are well, and safe. This pandemic is hard on everyone. We all have to adjust. The Governor has ordered people to stay home. But essential services remain open. Tacoma Housing Authority and the housing we provide is essential. So we will remain working. Yet we are changing how we do that to keep everyone safe and to keep serving you. In this letter I list a sample of what we are doing, and what you can do. You can learn more about our efforts at tacomahousing.net/coronavirus.
- Keep our staff and clients safe
- We have closed our offices to the public. Many staff are working from home.
- If you have a question, please call or email your housing specialist.
- We have stopped inspections, except for emergencies and initial inspections.
We help staff and clients follow the advice and orders from Health Department and Governor:
- Stay home except for necessary outings to stores and other essential places.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Wash your hands, a lot.
- Keep you housed
We are determined to keep you housed. We will continue to pay our share of your rent to your landlord. We know you may have trouble paying your share, especially if you have lost income. Here are some things that may help:
- We may be able to reduce your share of the rent. You can request that online at www.tacomahousing.net/coronavirusform. If you need help doing this, call us.
- The Governor has banned evictions for nonpayment of rent until at least April 17th. He also banned other evictions unless they are necessary for health and safety reasons. If you get an eviction notice, please call your housing specialist.
- Ask your landlord to be flexible and understanding.
- Call 211 and ask for other types of assistance.
- Under new state rules, you can apply for unemployment benefits right away.
- Tacoma Public Utilities users now have 12 weeks instead of 15 days to pay their bill.
- Find more resources on our website tacomahousing.net/coronavirus.
Questions or ideas on how we can do better? Please call our office at (253) 207-4400.