Welcome to Salishan 7
Your home is Certified LEED for HOMES Platinum, Energy Star, and Built Green 3Star. This means that you have a home that is at least 30% more energy efficient than the average home. However, it's up to you to take advantage of the green features. The only way you can is to understand your energy saving features, what they have to offer, and operate and maintain your home as recommended.
- Tacoma Power Smart Meter: Tacoma Power has installed Smart Meters on your home. These meters enable you to better understand your energy consumption so that you can make choices on how to save money. Learn some more about this.
- Blown In Insulation: Take a look at what's in your walls!
- How to care for your Flooring: Hard surface flooring is used throughout your home. special care is required.
- How to use your heat pump: Use your thermostat properly. Set the temperature to its most efficient operating temperature 70 degrees.
- How to reset your breaker: Check your breakers if you have lost power.
- GFCI Outlets: What is a GFCI?
- Maintain your heat pump filter: Doing so ensures that your heat pump is operating most efficiently, saving you money.
- Mini-Blinds Use & Maintenance: Watch and learn. You might learn something new.
- Energy Star 2 Pronged Light Bulbs: You have 2 pronged CFL light bulbs throughout your home. Changing the bulbs is easy.
- Whole House Fan: You have a whole house fan in your utility closet running 24/7 to ensure that your home has the optimum level of ventilation.