For many hardworking families, filing taxes and receiving a refund is a chance to catch up on bills and pay for basic needs. Two important tax credits, the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC), can provide eligible households with monetary assistance. Unfortunately, one in five eligible workers does not claim these credits.
To help qualified households receive EITC assistance, Associated Ministries and Pierce County Asset Building Coalition sponsors free tax preparation services available at the Tacoma Housing Authority’s Family Investment Center at Salishan. If you would like help with your taxes, contact Associated Ministries at (253) 426-1516, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: Family Investment Center, 1724 E. 44th St, Tacoma, WA
- Dates & Times: Saturdays, 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM, from February 11th through April 15th. Service is available on a first-come, first-serve, walk-in basis.
- Who is eligible: Free tax preparation and e-filing for individuals and households with incomes up to $54,000. Click here for more information about eligibility.
Please bring the following documents:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
For more information, please contact Amy Allison of Associated Ministries, (253) 426-1516, or email email@example.com